Engineered Floating Floor
Pre-finished Floating floor is a very popular variation of timber floor, even when it's just 14- 15mm thick with 4 mm hardwood top layer, it is extremely stable, because of its three layers of timber permanently fused together.
1. Six coats of laquer
2. Nominal 4 mm hardwood top layer
3. Nominal 8 mm hardwood core
4. 2 mm bottom layer
It also has the added convenience of being able to be installed in a matter of hours and walked on immediately, it's very simple and fast to install, without any fumes. Very easy to maintain.
Dimensions of floating floor differ with the company, that means that each company produces the boards with in different length, but standard min. length is 1820 mm, width can be 127, 134,145, mm.
Species available in floating floor : NSW Spotted Gum, Blackbutt, Tasmanian Oak, Jarrah, Sydney Blue Gum,
Features and Benefits of Engineered floors
- Environmentally friendly
- Allergy free
- Wide selection of beautiful Australian and exotic hardwood species available
- Installation is very fast over any level, solid and dry sub floor
- Can be used immediately after installation
- Pre-finished in the factory means no mess, smells or hassles with sanding and polishing, but still can be sanded and polished when it's necessary
- UV cured acrylic urethane finish providing a scratch resistant coating while still allowing the floor to be re-sanded if required
- A mid-gloss finish designed specifically for the Australian market
- The bottom layer of the floor is stable to ensure optimum dimensional stability by minimising expansion or shrinkage
- Good quality underlay provides an effective moisture barrier, and decreases reflective noise generated by foot traffic
- Easy ongoing cleaning and maintenance
Floating floor is available in T&G or Clic system. T&G means, that the boards have to be glued by installation and Clic system doesn't have to be glued, easier and faster installation.
NEW MATT BRUSHED BLACKBUTT AND SPOTTED GUM - very natural look