Solid Timber Flooring
No other flooring material, natural or man-made, can match the lasting beauty and sheer durability of solid hardwood. Solid hardwood tongue and groove strip flooring has been used as an elegant floor covering for many years. Timber is one of the world's few truly renewable natural resources.
Features and Benefits of Solid Timber Flooring
- Solid hardwood floors is allergy free
- The classic style of solid hardwood makes it virtually fashion-proof.
- Extremely easy to clean and maintain
- A long lasting floor covering that can be refinished many times
- The environmental choice - timber is one of the world's few truly renewable resources
- A timber sub-floor gives easy access to the underfloor for plumbing or ducted heating, or torepair wiring
- As with all solid hardwood timber floors is not recommended for bathrooms, laundries or other wet areas
Solid timber floor can be used in the following flooring applications:
Nailed to battens over a concrete slab
Nailed to timber joists over bearers
Nailed to plywood over concrete or timber joists
Nailed to old timber strip flooring over joists
- 60mm, 80mm and 130mm wide; 19mm thick
- Random lengths 900mm to 5400mm
Classic/Select - minimal natural variations
Australiana/Standard - beautiful variations In grain as well as
Natural features such as gum veins and insect trails
Natural Grade - high in natural and machine features
Tongue and groove strip flooring is designed to be nailed down. Board widths up to 80mm can be secret-nailed into the tongue while wider boards up to 130mm are top-nailed. As any solid timber product will be effected by changes in the moisture content of the air, we recommend that Uni-Nail is acclimatised to its new environment for an appropriate time.
Your new floor should then be professionally installed. The beauty of solid timber flooring is that it can handle traffic as soon as it is laid, allowing for other trades to finish their jobs before a final sanding and application of the finish. For optimum performance, timber flooring should be installed when the area it is going into has reached its long term equilibrium moisture content. This will help minimise any movement in the boards.
Spotted gum solid timber floor