Timber flooring can add a classic and timeless appeal to your home. But anyone with timber flooring at home would also know that this timeless flooring is very much likely to show up even the tiniest bit of debris, dirt, and everything else that makes its way onto the floor.
So how do you keep your home's timber floor looking new for years to come?
That's what we look at in this post. Below we share tips and tricks to keep your home's timber floor looking new for years to come.
Cleaning Your Timber Floor
Cleaning your timber flooring is perhaps the most critical step in maintaining the appeal of your timber floor. With the following cleaning tips, you can maintain your timber floor in near perfect state for years to come.
- Remember that moisture can be detrimental for your timber floor so avoid soaking your floor with water or other liquids,
- Choose the right accessories specifically designed for timber flooring, such as mops, that can help clean the floor without causing excessive dampness.
- Spray a small amount of water and use a damp mop to clean your timber floor,
- Don't forget to dry it as soon as possible.
- Between mopping sessions, you can use a soft-bristle broom to keep the floor clean.
- In case of stains, use water and a damp cloth and avoid using detergents and other household cleaners that are not recommended for use on timber floors.
- Before using any cleaning product on your timber floor, it's best to spot test to check the suitability of your cleaner.
Taking Care of Your Timber Floor
In addition to regular cleaning, your timber floor will also need some care and maintenance so you can maintain its look for years.
- Rely on the use of doormats to limit the sand, dirt, mud and debris that come into the house from the outside,
- Place rugs in high traffic areas of your home to keep the timber floor clean and prevent scratches,
- Regularly groom your pets, so they don't scratch the floor,
- You can also consider using protective pads under heavy furniture and appliances to prevent scratches on your timber floor,
- Keep your windows covered with shades or blinds to avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, which can also damage your timber floor,
- Lastly, keep your home well ventilated, so there is no moisture build-up in your home.
Getting Professional Help for Maintaining Your Timber Floor
Even with the best cleaning and protecting practices, your timber floor can become damaged or scratched over time. That's when you need sanding and polishing for your timber floor. Unlike cleaning and protecting your timber floor, sanding and polishing is not a DIY task, and that's when you need to call in professionals to maintain the look of your timber floor.
If you are looking for a professional refinish of your timber floor, get in touch with timber flooring installation and service experts at EuroStyle Floors.